- 4 Chicken Breasts, no skin or bone
- 4 Cups Homemade Chicken Stock
- 1 Clove garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 can organic Chick Peas, drained
- 2 fresh peppers, seeded and diced
- 1 t oregano (dried)
- Small handful of fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 t chili powder
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Add chicken to a 4-quart, heavy bottomed Dutch oven or stockpot over medium heat. Add chicken stock and cook until tender, about 20 minutes. Remove chicken and shred with two forks and then add back to the liquid.
- Add garlic, onion, chickpeas, green peppers, dried oregano, chili powder, salt, pepper, and chopped fresh oregano. Stir until well-combined. Taste for flavor and adjust to your liking.
- Simmer over low heat for about 25 minutes.